Terms and Conditions (WiFi Service)
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ THE BELOW TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THE WIFI SERVICE
- "Us", "We", "Our" refers to WiFi Partners Limited the WiFi service provider
- "Customer", "Client" refers to the venue owner () we are providing WiFi access on behalf of
- "The Service" is access to a WiFi internet service managed or provided by us
- "You", "Your" refers to you the end user registering for the service
2.1. This agreement sets out the terms and conditions on which wireless Internet access ("The Service") is provided free of charge (unless otherwise stated) to you by us on behalf of our customer.
3. Extent of the Service
3.1. The service is provided for personal use which is the registration and use of a single device and must not be used to extend or alter our network in any way. This means you cannot use your device as a personal hotspot to connect any other device once connected and registered to our network or connect any device that can be used as a network router or access point.
3.2. We do not recommend in particular the use of any websites (or other Internet related services) ("Internet Services") and your use of Internet Services is carried out entirely at your own risk.
3.3. We have no responsibility for, or control over, the Internet Services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free.
3.4. We have no responsibility for, or control over, the information you transmit or receive via the Service.
3.5. Save for the purposes of network diagnostics we do not examine the use to which you put the Service or the nature of the information you send or receive.
3.6. We do not guarantee:
- 3.6.1. the availability of the Service;
- 3.6.2. the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the Service; or
- 3.6.3. that the Service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.
3.7. We are not the internet service provider or broadband provider that will be used to connect to the internet. We do not have any responsibility for this service including but not limited to download and upload speeds, bandwidth and reliability.
3.8. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the Service and to prevent unlawful access to information transmitted or received using the Service, we do not guarantee the security of the information which you may transmit or receive using the Service or located on any equipment utilising the Service and you accept that it is your responsibility to protect your information and have adequate security (in terms of equipment and procedures) to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information and data.
3.9. We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
3.10. You will fully compensate us against all losses, costs, proceedings, damages, expenses, legal costs or liabilities howsoever incurred as a result of any claim resulting from your breach of clause 3.
4. Your Use of the Service
4.1. You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
- 4.1.1. are defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;
- 4.1.2. contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
- 4.1.3. contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
- 4.1.4. contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
- 4.1.5. contain material which infringe third party's rights (including intellectual property rights);
- 4.1.6. in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our business; or
- 4.1.7. are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
4.2. Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the Internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you.
4.3. We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement including but not limited to clauses 4.1 to 4.2 above.
4.4. We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.
4.5. The Service is intended for consumer use only. In the event that you use the Service for commercial purposes we would specifically refer you to clause 3.8 above.
4.6. Any secure WiFi offering is there to improve the security of your device connection to the WiFi service and does not extend beyond it. Using the secure WiFi offering does not in any way guarantee your communication or data is secure and we do not accept any responsibility or liabilities for the service.
5. Criminal Activity
5.1. You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offense, either in the United Kingdom or in any state throughout the world.
5.2. You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.
5.3. You agree and acknowledge that we may keep a log of the Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses and Media Access Control ("MAC") addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address.
5.4. You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have (whether pursuant to clause 5.3 or otherwise), and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
6. Data Collection
6.2. When registering for the service we will require personal information including but not limited to name, email, and phone number. By registering for the service you agree that the information provided is accurate at the time of registration and that you will notify us of any changes.
6.3. You agree and acknowledge while using the service we will record the venue and in some cases wireless access point you are connected to, the time and duration of your session, data transfer statistics and Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses and Media Access Control ("MAC") addresses. This data is collected for the following reasons and is held for 12 months;
- Network statistics and troubleshooting
- Provide assistance and information to law enforcement
- Marketing (Where Consent Explicitly Given)
7. Other Terms
7.1. You agree to compensate us fully for any claims or legal action made or threatened against us by someone else because you have used the service in breach of these terms and conditions, and in particular clause 3 and 4 above.
7.2. Whilst we do not seek to limit our responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation or if you are injured or die as a result of our negligence we have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.
7.3. We agree that neither this agreement does not allow either party to act as, or hold themselves out as, acting as an agent of the other party and that that the terms of this agreement are not enforceable by a third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
7.4. This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
8. Contacting Us
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective date: May 25, 2018
WiFi Partners Limited ("us", "we", or "our") operates WiFi internet service on behalf of this venue (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service - Service is WiFi internet service operated by WiFi Partners Limited on behalf of
- Personal Data - Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data - Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies - Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Where we are acting as the data processor for the controller (Usually the venue owner who we are providing the service on behalf of) we will give access to your personal data for marketing purposes where you have explicitly given permission to do so at the time of registration. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To withdraw your consent you can email or post the request to us or use our online subscriber portal to update your preferences. You should also contact the venue owner to have your details removed from their records.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Title (Ms,Mrs,Mr,Miss)
- Full name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Age Range
- Date of Birth
- Local or Visitor (To the venue)
- Country of Origin
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include the following:
- Device Media Access Control ("MAC") Address
- Device Host Name
- Device IP Address
- Access Point Locations
- Access Times and Dates
- Data Usage (Volumes)
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
WiFi Partners Limited uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To send marketing information (if consent given at time of registration)
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
WiFi Partners Limited may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so (Consent)
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law (communications data retention)
Retention of Data
WiFi Partners Limited will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods (We will retain usage data for a minimum period of 12 months for communications data retention).
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, will be retained within the UK and EEA. Where we are collecting data or sharing it with the venue owner you will need to refer to their policy for data transfer and storage.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
Where you have given consent for us to share your data with you will need to contact them using the details below to make data requests. If you have used our self-service portal to disable marketing/sharing consent, then you should contact the venue owner to make sure they have removed or updated any older personal data they may hold.
- Venue Name:
- Venue Email:
- Venue Phone:
Third Party Services
The venue owner may use direct integrations with marketing or CRM services. If integration is enabled from our platform the services will be listed below.
The venue may have provided additional privacy information which can be found at the bottom of this page under "Additional Information".
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, WiFi Partners Limited may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
WiFi Partners Limited may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of WiFi Partners Limited
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
WiFi Partners Limited will always ensure that data transferred to and from our service platform is encrypted using TLS and any storage of your personal data will be on encrypted storage to help protect your personal data.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. WiFi Partners Limited aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems (where the data is not retained for legal purposes), please contact us or use our online subscriber portal.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where WiFi Partners Limited relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service. These analytics could be connected to google accounts managed by the venue owner.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
If you are under 16 years old you should get permission from a parent or guardian before submitting personal data.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data without permission to do so, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Most of our services use family friendly web content filtering however these services do not catch all inappropriate material and where we are not in control of the network or VPNs are in use, we cannot guarantee filtering. Please always make sure you are aware of your child’s activities particularly on public networks.
- Email - email@example.com
Ready to find out more?
If you are looking for highly credible and experienced WiFi Specialists, then make contact and let's talk: